Looper allows you to trigger pre-made Loop Packs provided on BandLab. It's currently only available on the BandLab iOS and Android Mobile app.
- Tap the Create button to open the Mix Editor.
- Swipe left and tap the yellow Looper option on the right to add a new Looper track.
- Select a Loop Pack from the Discover list to download it, or tap the Play icon to listen to the sounds in the pack.
- Tap on the Loop Pack you've downloaded to open Looper in Instrument View
- In Instrument View, tap any of the colored boxes or swipe over them to trigger a sample and start making music!
To customize trigger settings, tap on the Edit icon in the lower right-hand corner to bring up Looper Properties
- Tap on a Trigger (colored box) to select it, then choose between:
- Loop - Loop the sample continuously.
- One shot - Play the sample when you tap on it, tap again to stop.
- Gate - Tap and hold on the sample to play it.
- Retrigger - Play the sample, tap again, sample plays from start.
- Directly below, you can choose the start point in the bar when the triggered sample will begin playing (The metronome is helpful here!):
- 0 - The sample will play immediately.
- 1/16 - The sample will begin at the next 16th note.
- 1/8 - The sample will begin at the next 8th note.
- 1/4 - The sample will begin at the next quarter note.
- 1 - The sample will begin on the 1 of the next bar.
- Once you've customized the sample to your liking, tap the Pen Icon again to go back to the main Looper page.
- Loop to your heart's content!
With Looper, you have real-time performance effects like Gate, Filter, Stutter, and Tape Stop at your disposal. You can also apply regular effect presets for the whole Looper track like you would with any other Voice/Mic, Guitar, or MIDI Instrument track.
- While the loops are playing, tap on the Looper Effects icon below
- Place your fingers on the Filter and Gater effect pads
- Drag your fingers vertically, horizontally, or diagonally on the pads to adjust the Cutoff and Resonance on the Filter pad, and the Depth and Rate on the Gater pad
- Tap and hold on the Time Signatures below the effect pads to Stutter your loop performance
- Tap and hold on the Tape Stop icon to stop your performance and release it to resume playback