You’re now a BandLab user and you can’t wait till you get started. Neither can we! Here are some simple steps to get you going:
To record using BandLab on the web, make sure you are logged into your account or sign-up at www.bandlab.com.
- Click the Red Create button at the top right of the screen
- You will be prompted to the Let's Make Music screen where you will choose what kind of track you want to start with:
- Import Audio/MIDI - Import a track from your computer
- Voice/Mic - Record via microphone or a connected audio interface
- Guitar or Bass - Plug in a guitar or bass to use BandLab as an amp - this will require some sort of audio interface or special cable
- Instruments - Use your computer keyboard to play virtual instruments, or you can connect a MIDI controller too
- Additionally, you can choose to Fork another user's track from the Need inspiration? list. This allows you to build on the work, add to it, change it and ultimately, if you like, republish your version of the track.
To record using the BandLab iOS/Android Apps:
- Tap on the Red + Button at the bottom of the screen
- You will be prompted with the Let's Make Music screen where you can choose what kind of track you want to start with:
- Import Track - Upload your MP3, M4A or WAV file.
- Voice/Mic - Record any sound via microphone or a connected audio interface
- MIDI Instruments - Access virtual instruments such as drums, piano, synths, strings, and woodwind!
- Looper - Make dope beats by using our Looper interface. Layer sounds by adding guitars, FX, bass, and beats that can be downloaded from our Sound Packs library
- Guitar or Bass - Plug in a guitar to use BandLab as an amp - this will require some sort of portable audio interface similar to the BandLab Link Analog
- To start, choose Voice/Mic and you can record using the built-in mic on your phone
- Record something by tapping on the Red Record Button. This will end up being your first track.
- Tap the Arrow Down Icon on the top right to bring you back to the track view
- To add more tracks, tap the + Icon beneath the first track
- You can continue making up to a total of 12 tracks
- To save, tap the Cloud Icon at the top right of the screen. You can choose if you want to Save or Publish.
- Here you can name your project, add a description, choose if you want to allow Forks or not and if you want to move the song to a band.