Experiencing audio glitches, stuttering, and dropouts? These can occur in your project when there is a lack of processing power in your browser/device.
- Freezing your tracks allows you to reduce the processing power needed to play your tracks by bouncing them to audio in the background. Click the Triple Dot Icon and select Freeze Track.
- If you have many applications or various Chrome tabs open, closing them will also help with performance.
- Clear your cache and cookies.
- Click on the Triple Dot Icon at the top right of Chrome
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down till you see Advanced and select it
- Under Privacy and Security, click on Clear browsing data
- Click on Clear Data to clear your cookies and cached files
- If your project has disconnected Audio/MIDI regions, we would recommend merging them by selecting the regions, right-click and select Merge Region.
Change Audio Input Channels
- Open a project in the Studio
- Click on the Gear Icon to access the settings
- Find Troubleshooting and enable Audio Safe Mode
Clear your application cache
- Tap on your Profile Picture on your home feed
- Tap the Gear Icon on the top right to access your Settings
- Scroll down and tap on Clear App Cache