Currently available to a selected pool of users! A full release will be coming soon so please hang in there for now!
Here's how you can kickstart your live stream.
- On your BandLab home page, click on Create > Start Live Stream
- Under Start Livestream, under Description, you can choose to notify your followers when you go live by clicking on Notify Followers
- Click on Start
Setting up OBS
- While you wait for BandLab to create the server URL and key for your stream, please download and open OBS here
- In OBS - Click on the + Icon under the Source tab to add your input source
- Select the Video Capture Device and click on OK
- Under Properties for Video Capture Device, select your computer's web camera or a connected external camera under Devices
- Choose the appropriate video resolution via Preset and click OK
- Now you should be able to see your camera's content on OBS!
- Click on the + Icon under the Source tab and select Audio Input Capture
- Under Properties for Audio Capture Device, select your computer's internal microphone or a connected external microphone under Devices and click OK
- Test your camera and microphone to see if they are in sync and working properly
Connecting Your Stream
- Click on Settings on the bottom right of OBS and select Stream on the top left corner of the Settings window
- Under Stream Type, select Custom Streaming Server
- Copy the Stream URL and Stream Key from the Connect Your Live Stream module in BandLab
- Paste them into the URL and Stream Key section on Custom Streaming Server on OBS and hit OK
- Click on Start Streaming
- Wait for your live stream to showcase your content that you're streaming from OBS.
- Once you're live, you should be able to see your video and audio showcased on the BandLab streaming link! You followers will now be able to view your stream.
Screen on BandLab
Screen in OBS
Congratulations! You're now live and streaming! Click on the Right Curvy Arrow icon on the right of the stream to get a sharable link to your stream. Post it on BandLab and other social media websites to spread the word about it!
Use the chat space to send messages to your viewers and ask them to interact with you! (Viewers must have an active BandLab account in order to participate in your live stream chat)
To End Your Stream
- Click on the Gear Icon in the stream to open stream settings and click on Cancel Live Stream when you wish to stop streaming
- At the Control tab on the bottom right, click on Stop Streaming
Live streams that have ended, will not be archived or stored on your BandLab profile to review. Please ensure that you pull off the best performance/content possible when you go on air!