MIDI Editor is now available on BandLab Web, Android, and iOS! Here's how to use it:
When you've finished recording your MIDI track on BandLab Web, open up the editor by clicking on the MIDI Editor button at the bottom left corner of the screen. Here’s how to use the tools:
- Arrow - Selecting and moving notes
- Pencil - Drawing and changing the note’s length
- V Icon - Adjusting note velocity
- Headphones - Activate the Headphones icon to preview the notes while editing
- Legato - Use Legato when you want to tie the notes together, making them smoothly connected
- Humanize - Use Humanize to make the notes less precise, giving them a "human" touch that is heard while playing an instrument
- Adjust the pitch of the notes by moving them +/- 1 step at a time or +/- 12 steps at a time
- Quantization - Adjust your notes to the closest time grid according to the Quantization value selected
When you've finished recording your MIDI track on BandLab mobile, open up the editor by making a double-tap on the MIDI region and choose Edit.
On the mobile MIDI Editor, you can:
- Add and remove notes by tapping
- Adjust Note Position - Tap and hold the note to drag it to the desired location. If you wish to make smaller changes, make sure to turn off Snap to Grid by disabling the Snap button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Adjust Note Duration - Tap, hold and drag the note to adjust the note length
- Select multiple notes (iOS) - Press and hold on an empty part of the MIDI Editor until the Selection Indicator is displayed. Drag the Selection Indicator over the notes you'd like to select.