Forking a song in BandLab is picking up where the original artist left off or, starting from where they stopped. Essentially, you are taking another user’s track and making it your own. You will be able to make edits to the project in the Studio. This allows you to build on the work, add to it, change it and ultimately, if you like, republish your version of the track.
Songs you can ‘Fork’ on BandLab are identifiable by the Fork symbol Ψ.
Here are the steps to make your songs Forkable:
- On your homepage, click on Library
- Click on the Triple Dot Icon beside the project you wish to make Forkable
- Choose Project Settings
- Toggle Forkable
- Tap on Library located at the bottom right-hand of the screen
- Tap on the Triple Dot Icon beside the project you wish to make Forkable
- Choose Update Project
- Under Additional Settings, toggle Allow Forks
- Tap Save or the Tick Icon on the top right to save your settings
Article is closed for comments.