Mastering takes an audio mix and brings it to distribution-quality. It’s the final step to balancing your mix, unifying sonic elements, and optimising playback response for all file formats and devices. Mastering typically consists of a series of subtle audio processes including stereo enhancement, compression, equalisation, and limiting. It’s the vital connection between your hard work as a creator and radio-ready sound quality.
Just think of it as gift-wrapping your tracks for the rest of the world to hear!
Chances are your favourite song has been mastered. In fact, just about all music is mastered for listening across all platforms, streaming services, radio, and television. If you’re serious about your creative process, mastering will ensure that your music is presented at it’s best.
Benefits of Mastering:
- Consistency across all playback devices
- Increase overall loudness without losing dynamic range
- Enhances essential frequencies to improve the overall mix
- Fix problemed frequencies
- Sonic unification for albums
- Audio levels that are of the industry standard and ready for distribution
Article is closed for comments.